First of all, it is important to admit that 2016 was the anniversary year for us – it’s been precisely 10 years since Smile-Expo organized the first RGW Moscow exhibition.
During the first decade of our activity, we have conducted more than 200 industry events in the CIS and Eastern Europe. Each year events are becoming more extensive, quality gets higher and we keep on launching new projects and opening new exhibition zones.
Statistics do not lie
Over the past year, our company has implemented 44 major projects, many of which have been organized with the support of government officials and the participation of top foreign experts. As a part of our four events, the award ceremonies to name the top specialists in different branches were held:
- Betting Awards at entertainment and gaming forum – Russian Gaming Week;
- Drone Grand Prix Russia at the drone exhibition – Drone Expo Show;
- RACE Awards at the international exhibition for affiliate programs and marketing – RACE;
- 3D Print Awards at the huge 3D printing and scanning exhibition – 3D Print Expo.
For comparison, in 2015 we carried out less events - 33 exhibitions and conferences, and three awards ceremonies.
New project of 2016
The anniversary year brought 10 new projects at once:
- Casino Forum Batumi – a forum for gambling industry representatives. The conference was opened by the Deputy Minister of Economy and Finance of Adjara, which proves the high level of the event.
- eSPORTconf Russia – a conference dedicated to eSports and everything that is related to the industry. Speakers provided industry analysis and suggested advantageous strategy on the international market entry for the Russian eSports.
- VAPE WEEK – a stunning vape event presenting devices and eliquids by top manufacturers, show program and musical performances, contests and prizes, conversations with known bloggers in the lounge areas and more.
- Smart Food & Geek Garden – an international exhibition for high technologies of food products cultivation and cooking, where you could see and test innovative gadgets for cooking.
- Vapexpo Kiev – another Kyiv vape event. The best products by industry leaders, cloudchasing competitions, variety of tricks, DJ sets, dancing, workshops and informal discussions with experts. The event caused a big stir so it was decided to be held twice - in April and in October.
- Drone Expo Show – drones and quadcopters exhibition and show in Moscow, where it was possible to see and test new drones, learn to pilot the copter, compete with the best pilots, see the stunning drone show with light and sound effects, and much more.
- VapeShow Prague – the only one in the Czech Republic specialized exhibition for electronic cigarettes, inhalers and other vaping devices. Here, field-specific conference, workshops by European vaping experts, cloudchasing competitions, themed film demonstration and other interesting activities have been carried out.
- VapeShow Warsaw – the main vape event of Poland that gathered industry experts, market leaders and prominent representatives of the subculture in one place. The event was also attended by marketers, representatives of the media and advertising. The issues of the vaping business were discussed, flagship products were tested and, of course, everyone had a chance to relax in good company.
- VapeShow Amsterdam – an international B2B vaping industry forum in the Netherlands, where for the first time the world's best brands and local market players met under the same roof. Business conference and exhibition with a spectacular show program was waiting for participants and event guests.
- INSPACE FORUM – a business forum dedicated to the development of private sector space business. The project was implemented with the support of GLONASS and the space and communications cluster of Skolkovo Foundation.
Projects that have been implemented twice this year unlike previous year
Some technologies are developing so rapidly that one exhibition a year is not enough to cover all the developments and achievements of the industry. In 2016, three more got into the list of events that take place twice a year:
- Connected Car Summit – took place in April and December. The GLONASS federal operator has participated in the winter summit, which brought together representatives of public authorities, international experts, well-known software developers and cars manufacturers.
- AR Conference – an international exhibition and conference for augmented and virtual reality took place in March and November.
- Bitcoin Conference Russia – a blockchain and cryptocurrency conference that took place in April and November.
The geography of events has become more diverse
Last year we gave special attention to vape industry. Three new projects were launched that have allowed us to expand the geography of the events and let us enter the European market:
- VapeShow Prague;
- VapeShow Warsaw;
- VapeShow Amsterdam.
In addition, for the first time we organized an event in Yaroslavl in the middle of the spring – a unique IT&Digital Meetup Digital Monkey.
Distinctive achievements in 2016
Summing up the year, we can say with confidence that we have much to be proud of. Three of the most striking achievements of Smile-Expo in 2016 were:
- Vapexpo Moscow – the exhibition was visited by 10,000 visitors and 250 exhibitors in December;
- VAPE WEEK – the first contest in Ukraine supported by the World Series of Vaping;
- Vapexpo Kiev – the event witnessed the fourth national record - the highest number of cloud chasers gathered on one platform.
Plans for 2017
This year we plan to increase the activity and expand the geography of some kinds of events and increase the scale of each project in particular. In addition, few innovative events are planned to be launched in 2017:
- ChatBot Conference – an exhibition and conference dedicated to chat-bots;
- Artificial Intelligence Conference – an event for the development and implementation of artificial intelligence technology in business;
- VR/AR Gambling Conference - exhibition-conference dedicated to virtual and augmented reality
To be kept updated on all our events stay tuned for more news!