On November 17-18, Moscow became the center of 3D innovations: ECC Sokolniki hosted a full house VI annual 3D Print Expo 2016. The event attracted twice more visitors than previous year.
What was interesting about the exhibition?
The exhibition area presented more than fifty booths exposing advanced developments of the Russian and foreign manufacturers. One of the new products was a handmade wireless 3D scanner Drake, which was presented on the main stage. Visitors were able to see how the device qualitatively reproduces 3D models of different sizes and shapes.
Among other innovations that attracted visitors’ attention were:
- Magnum 3D – a 3D printer with a large printing area made in Russia;
- new products by Chinese manufacturer Shining 3D;
- 3D construction printer by the local developer EkoForm 3D;
- educational 3D devices presented by Moscow technology plant;
- photopolymer consumable items by i-Coatings and so on.
How did the conference go?
Each day of the conference was dedicated to the certain range of issues.
On November 17, speakers’ reports were focused on additive technology development. The speech of Anton Bolshakov (GC Otec), who spoke on 3D printing development within Industry 4.0, packed the house. After the thematic reports, a round table with Skolkovo experts was held to discuss the introduction of 3D technology to the production sector and medicine.
On November 18, speakers shared their experience of 3D printing implementation in various fields as medicine, construction, design and so on. Visitors’ particular interest was provoked by the lectures of Dr. Lionel T. Dean, Roman Gorbatov, Nicole Bizzotto and Dieter Gisbreht.
In total, more than 20 3D industry experts took part in the conference.
What was also memorable about the conference?
Among the highlights of 3D Print Expo 2016 were:
- 3D Print Awards – an award ceremony to name the best companies of the 3D printing field. This year, many new brands received an honorary award.
- startup alley, where many young companies had a chance to present their promising 3D designs. Each of them could present their projects to big investors during Startup Pitch on the main stage;
- workshops for the development of 3D printing, modeling and scanning skills;
- unique 3D printed art objects gallery;
- superheroes show - an impressive cosplay contest, clothing for which was partially printed on 3D printers;
- world map with 3D printed replicas of famous statues. For two days, the event guests were competing to be the quickest in pointing landmarks on the map, and as a result, the three fastest experts in geography earned their prizes;
- music show performed on guitars that were fully printed on 3D printer.
The second day, visitors had a chance to participate in a trivia game to win a 3D printer. Among five registered randomly selected visitors, a resident of Krasnodar Artyom Sobolev gave the most correct answers on additive technologies quiz. He was the one to get a valuable prize - a custom 3D printer Zenit 3D.
We accord our special thanks to the main sponsor MZ3D.RU as well as to all participants and guests of the event.
3D printing is one of the priority areas for our company. Since 2014, we have held trade fairs dedicated to additive technologies in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan. We state with confidence that 3D technologies are quickly evolving and becoming an integral part of our lives. And the success of 3D Print Expo 2016 is another proof of that.
Looking forward to seeing you at 3D Print Expo 2017 and our other events!